Pittsboro, NC – The Chatham County Department of Social Services (DSS) seeks applications for one vacancy on the County Board of Social Services. The deadline to apply to serve is Friday, April 16, 2021.
Applicants for the Board of Social Services must be willing to do the following:
- Serve as an advocate for the interests of the Department of Social Services and its employees and clients.
- Promote better public understanding and support of social services programs and serving as a liaison between DSS, public officials and the general public.
- Promote closer working relationships between the Social Services Board and the Board of County Commissioners.
- Provide the time and effort needed to actively participate and constructively fulfill board duties.
- Attend board meetings and other related meetings as needed. The Social Services Board typically meets the third Wednesday of the month at 3:00 p.m. at the County Social Services office in Pittsboro. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Board meetings are conducted virtually. The County can provide space for members to attend the virtual meeting should they not have adequate broadband access.
This appointment will fulfill the remainder of a term ending June 30 and will be eligible for reappointment. The appointment will be made by the DSS Board.
Individuals must be a resident of Chatham County to serve on the Board of Social Services. To complete an online application, residents may visit chathamnc.seamlessdocs.com/f/CommitteeForm. Applicants may also contact Lindsay Ray, Clerk to the Board of County Commissioners, at 919-542-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a printed copy.
Any questions may be directed to Jennie Kristiansen, Social Services Director, at 919-642-6976 or email@example.com.